Samantha Swann-Horler, CPsychol
As a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, I am experienced in supporting people with difficult life experiences. I thoroughly enjoy my work and I pride myself on my ability to adopt a warm and collaborative approach to making psychology accessible and meaningful for those that I meet.
I am experienced in offering assessments and psychological therapy in the NHS, Local Authority services and private practice settings. My work is informed by several approaches, including; Person-Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Attachment Theory, Internal Family Systems and Polyvagal Theory.
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC).
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Adults with Learning Disabilities Team
- Local Education Authority-Mental Health Provision in Educational Settings
- Primary Well-being Service / Improving Access to Psychological Therapies
- Community Mental Health Team – Adult Secondary Mental Health Services
- Founder of a Private Psychology Practice
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Postgraduate Diploma, Staffordshire University.
- Post MSc Dip in Counselling Psychology, University of Wolverhampton (2008).
- MSc in Counselling Psychology, University of Wolverhampton.
- Counselling Diploma, University of Wolverhampton.
- BA (Hons) Psychology and Sociology, Leicester University (2003).
Examples of ongoing training
- Internal Family Systems Master Class-Dick Schwartz.
- Internal Family Systems-An Introductory Workshop, IFS UK.
- Trauma and the Body: Dissociation and Somatisation (CFS, Fibromyalgia, Pain & Memory)-Carolyn Spring.
- Trauma and Attachment Summit-Diane Hellier
- Using a multi-modality trauma approach:3 essential strategies-PESI
- Polyvagal theory in practice:essential strategies-PESI
- The psychological and physiological repercussions of complex trauma:essential information-PESI
- Treating trauma-essentials for working with inherent relational complications-PESI
- Resilience:powerful practices for bouncing back from trauma and adversity-PESI
- Complex trauma-advances in working with structural dissociation-PESI
- Trauma based anxiety-expert strategies to help the most anxious client-PESI
- Advances in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy:essential strategies-PESI